I'm pretty happy with how my last video turned out. I think that it showed some real improvement over some of my previous work. I also took some behind the scenes pictures of some things that I almost forgot to share. Here we go . . .
This is me once again using sticky tack. I have found that it is pretty nice to animate something that is stuck in tack because it allows you to get small motions without needing to abide by movement rules set up by the nature of Lego bricks and pieces.
A warning about the tack, don't use it on rubber if it can be avoided. It is very difficult to remove.
I needed this brown clip for the mud splattered rabbit, but unbeknownst to me at the time of coming up with the idea, that this piece only comes in 12 sets, according to the Bricklink database. I didn't happen to own any of the sets, but I was able to pick one up at the store. Those Mixels can sure be handy.
This poorly focused picture shows the chunk of pieces I used for the bird's flash of speed. I have seen this in many brickfilms before, but had never done it myself. I tried to build it in a way that would match the bird's body: starting with the black hair, then head, then beak, then lower body, then feet.
One thing that I like seeing in brickfilms, and like to try to do, it expanding the scene with brick built elements. So often in my early work, you can very clearly see that the action is taking place in front of a backdrop, but I tried to give the opening shots some more layers.
I like how it turned out. I should have done something like this in the canyon set, but didn't think I needed it until I was watching the finished product.
I have plans to finish the western this summer. This has been my plan for the past couple summers, but I really want to finish it. It has been hanging over my head and I want to finish it before I lose interest, or just forget. I also want to move on to other things. Here's to a summer with a western!
I'm David, owner of Green Shirt Productions.